Chinese Visa

If you are a UK passport holder and are planning a trip to the Peoples Republic of China, you will require a visa, your permit to be in the country. If you don’t have one you will be refused entry at the passport control. The rules are strict, and you must follow them exactly or you will not get your visa.
I applied for my visa in London at Visa Center. I had to produce copies of my accommodation and flights bookings, pay a correct fee and wait for one hour in the waiting hall. With my UK passport, I was eligible for a multi-entry visa valid for two years. I took advantage of it and created two amazing journeys to China and Koreas.

Official info: You don’t need a visa for Hong Kong or Macau SAR if you are visiting for less than 90 days (if you hold a UK passport).chinese_stamp
There are several different types of visa, each one having a letter to identify it (such as ‘L-Visa’). The letters refer to the sound of the Chinese word in the Chinese alphabet, so they don’t make a lot of sense. The main visas are the tourist visa, or L-Visa and the business visa or F-Visa. The other visas are listed at the end of the website.

Visas must be submitted and collected in person, either by the applicant or by an untrusted third party, for example, the China Visa Bureau. Applications made via email will not be accepted but applications will be accepted by post to the China Visa Bureau or to the Chinese Embassy (where an extra fee is applied).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s